Monday, April 13, 2009

30!!!

I am SO very happy this morning! For the past two weeks I have been having trouble losing weight! I was eating and exercising the same way I had been all three months that I have been losing but the scale was not going down, matter of fact it went up a few pounds. I had no clue why since i was not doing anything different, so I decided to keep with it and try to eat even better and exercise more to see if I could get out of this slump! Well...today the scales finally moved (in the right direction) and I have finally reached 30 pounds of weight loss! I was so close for so long and now I have finally hit the mark! Thank you God! I have lots of weight to go, but with Christ as my guide and strength and taking it a day at a time... I know I can do it!

Here is what I did to get out of the slump:

Started eating more raw and steamed veges instead of tortilla chips and salsa and other things.
Started eating plain steamed veggies instead of veggies in cheese sauce because I found out how much more sodium the cheese sauce added!
I ate more chicken and fish and less red meat!
I went from walking to working out hard with the FIRM workout DVD's!

Thats pretty much it besides the big one, which is praying! I am so thankful to God for helping me through this journey! Its a hard one, but one that is worth it!

I took some quotes from the FIRM ladies at the FIRM forums! They all had some great motivational quotes and I also took some scripture and some words of my own and made the header of this blog up top! Reading those definitely keeps me motivated also!

On to other things...

I had a wonderful easter weekend and resurrection Sunday! Friday night we had game night at church. Instead of eating the cake, doughnuts and cookies they had, i ate the raw veggies and some cheese! For exercise, I did ultimate calorie blaster!

On Saturday we had a pretty lazy day, but it was nice! I had eggs and bacon for breakfast, wendys chili for lunch and chicken tenders with low sodium cream of mushroom on top with steamed veggies! For exercise, I did aerobic body sculpting!

On Sunday, we had a beautiful easter cantata and all of the songs I sang with our group were so beautiful! The words so powerful and true! After church I went home and made my mex-style white chicken chili and deviled eggs! Around three we took emma to the dog park and then headed over to my sisters for dinner! I played tetherball with the kids, which was more of a workout than I thought it would be! I had a wonderful evening with family!

I plan on eating left over soup/chili for lunch today and making orange ruffy fish tonight for dinner with some veggies! For exercise, I am going to clean some and do Calorie Killer!

Love, april

No comments:

Post a Comment